Confirmation is a two-year process.
The curriculum includes “Theology of the Body” and “Chosen” both published by Ascension Press.
As part of their preparation for the sacrament, Middle School students will participate in EPIC and High School students will participate in YDisciple.
- Completed Baptism, Reconciliation and Communion
- A copy of their Baptismal Certificate on file with the office
- Complete Works of Charity/Service
- Complete a Retreat
- Mandatory 75% attendance
- Select a Sponsor by September 16
- At least 16 years of age
- Confirmed Catholic
- Not the father or mother of the candidate
- The sponsor form needs to be signed by the sponsor's priest or representative at the parish where the sponsor is attending.
- August 17, 2019 Faith Formation Kick-Off Celebration
- August 25, 2019 Class Check-in
- August 25, 2019 Baptismal Certificate with address/name of church
- September 15, 2019 Sponsor’s name and completed sponsor form.
- September 16, 2019 Saint Project and Confirmation Name
Download the Saint Project Form
- November 1, 2019 Walk with the Martyrs
- February 2, 2020 Retreat Fee Due - $35.00
- March 13, 2020 YDisciples Shadow Stations 5:30pm followed by Lenten Supper
- March 13-14, 2020 Retreat will begin on March 13, 5:30pm at Saint Gabriel Church.
Retreat will end after the 5pm Mass on March 14th.
Students will require their sponsor to attend on Saturday. If your sponsor can’t attend a parent must attend.
- April 5, 2020 Letter to Bishop
Download the sample Letter to Bishop Sheridan
- April 19, 2020 Works of Charity completed, and forms turned in; total of 21 hours
Works of Charity must be balanced in the areas of Church, Community, and World and performed without any financial gain.
*Examples for Church (7 hours maximum): Altar serving, Briarfest, Vacation Bible School, Walk with the Martyrs
*Examples for Community (7 hours maximum): Helping a neighbor or elderly person by mowing grass, taking out garbage, shoveling snow, walking a dog
*Examples for World (7 hours maximum): Mission Possible, volunteering at a non-profit helping agency
Download the Confirmation Works of Charity Log
Sunday - 2:30 - 4:00 pm
Points of Contact:
Deacon Mike McGrady
Director of Faith Formation
Faith Formation Administrator
Faith Formation Coordinator